1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Aqa gcse lit revision

Discussion in 'English' started by Kidders, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

As year 11s are now in their final weeks I'm going to be focusing on revision with them for their exam. It's the lit paper and they will discuss 2 texts we've studied. Any advice or suggested activities I'm can do with them? I don't really want 4 weeks of me feeding them info or them doing endless past papers, not sure I'd even manage to mark them!

What do you do in this final term?

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

I'm going to delivering lots practice essays - planning and starting really. Might have some evaluation and reflection on the past few years and a futureme.com email. Marking, needless to say, is excessive at this time of year! But I only give one target an essay (or so!)

3. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

excuse my ignorance but what is a futureme.com email?? Do you find students are receptive to endless essay questions? Mine struggle with this and lack the motivation to give it a good go!

4. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

This :-( One timed essay every week for year 10 and 11 and 12. Year 13 fortunately did their exam in January.
    They don't enjoy it, but it does mean that they can tackle essays in timed conditions.