1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Graphic Communication

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Zoki59, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Hi there - have asked this before, but just thought I'd try again!! Am looking for other people who teach the AQA GCSE Graphic Communication course - it's under the Art and Design spec.Really need links!! Thanks!

2. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Which exam board do you use ?

3. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

4. hello!
    im an art and design nqt, graphics is my speciaism! i dont teach the course at the mo but when my maternity cover post is up im looking to move to a school that does teach it!!! its a brilliant course! my degree is in graphic design and i know a great deal of designers, illustrators, websites, books etc.. what are you looking for?? xx

5. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Hi, I have a degree in graphic design and used to work in an agency so am ok for links, contacts, etc. I'm looking for someone that currently teaches the course, the new spec and has taught the old spec too. I want to be able to look at their pupils work, their projects. etc. Maybe even do a bit of marking/assessment practice. Not many schools in my area seem to run this course.

Thanks!

6. I teach it and taught the old spec, what area are you in?

7. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

I'm in Manchester.

8. I used to teach in Manchester and Bolton a few years ago, i'm in Lincolnshire now, however I am in a meeting in Manchester in the middle of January, I'm happy to pop in to your school and have a look at what your doing and if I can give you answers or point you in the right direction with any queries you have.

9. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Yes, that would be great thanks!!

10. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Just another request to see who else teaches this?

11. Hiya, i teach Graphic Communications with AQA. Teaching it for the first time this year so finding my way as I go along. I would be happy to be in contact to share ideas.

12. Hi, I teach this and I am based in Stockport. I'd like to hear from anybody else who does!

13. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

So, how did we do today then? Todays results were important for me as the class I had today were the ones I had started with from scratch as an NQT, and with a new spec. I am very proud of my pupils, and now more confident in my own ability!

14. Hi
    I am the head of graphics at KHS and deliver graphics through the AQA art and design spec at GCSE and Alevel. You can see some of the work we do at www.creativeseed.co.uk
    hope this helps, let me know what you think.

15. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

Excellent - thank you!! Slowly but surely finding schools near me that teach this now!

16. Hi,

I am a Head of DT and Art but also in charge of Graphics at GCSE and A Level. I made the decision to move form Dt to Art specification to improve creativity. I am proud to say that last year my students got 79% at GCSE. I am still improving in my delivery of the course, but find that it is a forgiving course (compared to DT) and the students produce very original, creative work.

I am more than happy to share some examples of work, but I work down in London

17. Hi,

I haven't checked the forums for a while, but Isaw your post.

I am a HOF in London who teaches the AQA course at GCSE and A Level. I made the decision to move away from DT Graphic Products to enable more creative outcomes. Last year my students got 79% and many go on to Foundation course after A Level.

I am more than happy to discuss or share exemplar work

18. I'm planning on starting to teach this in September. Have chosen to take the Art and Design route rather than the D&T one as I think it'll suit my students better...I have lots of experience of teaching the Unendorsed and Fine Art versions of the course, but none of teaching the Graphic Design one...so I'm really interested to hear about what other people are doing or plan to do...
    Naomi x

19. Hi Lost at sea,
    I am currently teaching Edexcel unendorsed Art at GCSE and A level. We aim to start up AQA Graphic Commincation this September and I would love to visit a school that runs the course. Sadly, due to data protection, AQA cannot tell me which centres run the course.
    It sounds like you have been delivering the course for a while? If so, is there any chance that I could come and visit your centre?
    Thank you

20. Zoki59

Zoki59 New commenter

I do an Album Cover Project mostly, have done Perfume Packaging, Logo Design, Poster Design, etc.
    In my 4th year of teaching this now, and still not managed to go to another school that teaches it to look at other centres work!! Anyone in the North West area willing to let me come and have a look please?