1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE German results - Speaking

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by yesmilord, Aug 30, 2011.

1. I am devasted to find that all my speaking marks have been reduced by up to 5 grades. I am an experienced teacher (20 years) and cannot believe that my judgement could be so flawed. Has anyone else had similar problems?

2. Ditto 100% from me!
    Now, what can we do about it?

3. So glad it's not just me - I have spent the last few days severely doubting my competence! I will be talking to my HOD to ask for a remark and also to put in a formal complaint as a lot of people seem to be doing judging by a different post about the French results. Seems it's not just German!
    When I have talked to my HOD on Monday I will get back to you. What are you thinking of doing?

4. We have disappointing results in our school too - seemingly based on the speaking results which have also been reduced significantly. We used to to OCR all end of course exams and now do the AQA modular and our grades have really dipped. We are now worried about kids going into Y11 as we have already done a speaking exam with them ....