1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE ensemble suggestions for 'rock' musicians

Discussion in 'Music' started by princess_moose, May 4, 2011.

1. Title says it all really. I have a few guitarists, couple of drummers, and 2 'pop' singers (male). What ensemble pieces are you all using? Not sure what AQA will accept and what songs could be at the right standard.
    Thanks!

2. Title says it all really. I have a few guitarists, couple of drummers, and 2 'pop' singers (male). What ensemble pieces are you all using? Not sure what AQA will accept and what songs could be at the right standard.
    Thanks!

3. I've used Let it Be. Guitar chords in key of G, singers find it okay and drum part tailored to what the kids can do.

4. This year mine have included songs by Oasis, Greenday, Linkin Park, Weezer, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Guns n Roses to name just a few. It is often quite educational for me. I don't worry about the difficulty but get them to focus on a performance that isn't full volume all the way through! I have found that it is usually easier to work with them on a song of their choosing than to try and enforce a choice of mine - they do need to get my permission to do their own choice and I do say no to things that simply won't allow them to access the marks they need for their target grade. If they don't get themselves organised and find their own pieces they will be given something by me.