1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Drama written paper - panic about questions, please help!!!

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by openshh1, May 1, 2011.

1. I have some very dodgy pupils in my Year 11 this year who haven't come to any of the theatre trips despite my best efforts. Therefore they can't do Section C in the written paper and will have to do Section B. Added to this mix is the fact that some of them have done technical options for assessments. So, what do they do if the question for Section B is about acting? They haven't done acting from a script for an assessment because they did technical. I don't get it!! Also, the other way round, if some pupils haven't done technical and the Section B question is about a technical option what do they do? Confused.com!!
    Advice much apprectiated :)

2. I have some very dodgy pupils in my Year 11 this year who haven't come to any of the theatre trips despite my best efforts. Therefore they can't do Section C in the written paper and will have to do Section B. Added to this mix is the fact that some of them have done technical options for assessments. So, what do they do if the question for Section B is about acting? They haven't done acting from a script for an assessment because they did technical. I don't get it!! Also, the other way round, if some pupils haven't done technical and the Section B question is about a technical option what do they do? Confused.com!!
    Advice much apprectiated :)

3. They should get a choice of questions to answer in section B to write from either a practical or technical viewpoint. They must write about a different play to the one they write about in section A but the exam will not penalise them for being technical only students.

4. A few of options. One is to get them to the theatre ASAP as the section B question is not easy.

Another is to get them to answer on a school production if they have seen one.

The third and arguably the dodgiest one is to get a video of a production and go through it with them.

Theatre Alibi make some excellent videos of their productions. Goucher's War is a brilliant example. As long as they dont mention it was a video. They could say it was in Exeter which is where the production was filmed.

And before I get a back lash of 'THATS NOT ALLOWED' Who would know?. I am pretty sure the marker with 700 papers on his desk is not going to. Deperate times call for desperate measures.

Finally. Don't beat yourself up about it. It sounds like they have not shown the commitment, therefore they will be rewarded accordingly.

GOOD LUCK.