1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE D&T Textiles - resits

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by newcy, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Hi,

I've been asked by my school to submit 10 pupils to resit their GCSE Textiles but no one seems to know what the format for this would be so I'm hoping someone on here has experience of doing this???

Do the pupils simply resubmit the original controlled assessment folder with improvements made or do they have to start theses from scratch?

Can the product be the original project/product they chose with improvements or must they change this?

Any advice would be really appreciated as I was an NQT last year and so only have 1 previous experience of submitting GCSE work which was not successful last year!

Thanks

2. It is probably best to contact your examination board. Coursework marks can be carried forward to the next session (2016) without resitting the paper. I suspect you want to improve the coursework marks, but that means resubmitting and taking another paper next year. Technically it should be new work. Again speak to the exam board concerned.