1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE CPD sessions

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by WillowFae, Dec 8, 2011.

1. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Has anyone been to one of these? I'm due to go on Saturday in Manchester (weather willing) and wondered what the mood has been like at previous ones. I am going armed with questions and issues!

2. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

Has anyone been to one of these? I'm due to go on Saturday in Manchester (weather willing) and wondered what the mood has been like at previous ones. I am going armed with questions and issues!

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

if I went after my last set of results

Pitch folks and burning torches would be the order of the day!

4. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

I'm kind of hoping I won't be the only angry person there!

5. san38

san38 New commenter

Just back from today's one in Manchester and there was not a dissenting voice - all went very peacefully. I had no axe to gring being new to AQA but must admit was surprised having seen all the negative comments on here.

6. fm1981

fm1981 New commenter

I have been before. went to an 'inspiration' day CPD. it was really awesome! great seeing loads of other RE teachers and gots loads of resources. recently went to an AQA Sociology one too. they're pretty great. plus - great day out of school hehe

7. Went to the B syllabus one in London this week. No lynching, but the general feeling that despite their assurances of rigorous checking, marking is inconsistent and that they struggle to ensure that each topic is pitched at the same level of difficulty. Our examiner claimed that they had a struggled to find enough markers and that he was still completing remarks for centres.
    It was useful but the only 'awesome ' feature of the session is that it finished early so we could all iss off early!