1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Controlled Assessment 2012

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by britney1004, Feb 22, 2011.

1. trying to get ahead of the game a bit, but am trying (& struggling) to design a Controlled Assessment brief and possible businesses for the new Controlled Assessment task (submission 2012).

Has anyone had any thoughts?
    Thanks (from a slightly frazzled Business teacher :-s)

2. trying to get ahead of the game a bit, but am trying (& struggling) to design a Controlled Assessment brief and possible businesses for the new Controlled Assessment task (submission 2012).

Has anyone had any thoughts?
    Thanks (from a slightly frazzled Business teacher :-s)

3. Hi

Have you had any luck with this yet?

4. Hi Just came by your post - i too have been struggling with 2012 brief and how to deliver it to the pupils. Any luck your end?

5. It was suggested to me at an AQA meeting that Phones4U would be a suitable subject for Unit 5 (Marketing and Customer Service). The kids will have to go into a P4U shop and consider how the customers are treated - whether they are ignored whilst the shop assistants chat amongst themselves, how complaints are dealt with, whether they know their stock, etc. A questionnaire is vital, but it will be the conclusions drawn from the questionnaire, rather than the structure of the questionnaire itself, that will gain the credit.

6. Oh, great. Thanks a lot. I was strugling to pick up a relevant company.
    Cheers

7. Problem is, of course, trying to get the kids to pluck up the courage/get their act together and go and do the research! It might be easier if you invite someone into school from the company.