1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Business Controlled Assessment submission 2014

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by badgerbunny, Apr 16, 2013.

1. badgerbunny

badgerbunny New commenter

I'm just planning for this and writing my booklet.
    It says looking at promotional methods. I was wondering, are any of you going to get students to assess marketing materials using tools such as AIDA? Obviously this would be assessment of materials rather than method.
    Can anyone share any thoughts they have.
    Thanks

2. cag29

cag29 New commenter

Hiya, I haven't really looked at it in any depth. The controlled assessment is meant to focus on the topics covered in unit 1. I might get them to mention it, but the brief is mainly centred on mehtods such as BOGOF, adverts etc.
    Hope that helps.

3. programme

programme New commenter

I too am setting this up. Do either of you, or anyone else on this mighty forum, have any emailable examples of last year's booklets? If so I would be very grateful if you could email them to me as a base and I of course will email you back my 2014 Promotional Methods version when completed.
    Thanks in advance
    Best wishes
    Programme

4. Hi everyone, I am starting to teach GCSE Business this year having never taught it before. I have to do the CA and I am struggling to find a booklet or something that the students can follow to make sure they complete every step successfully. Has anyone got any info or material that would be useful? I would hugely appreciate it.

Thanks!

5. sobhan@hansprice.org.uk I have some previous booklets from 2 yrs ago if you would like them.

6. Hi I am also teaching Business for the first time this year, would you mind if I dropped you an email for the booklet. Much appreciated!

7. Hi. I am also new to teaching Business Studies this year and am the only teacher of BS at the school so struggling to find guidance on the controlled assessment. I would be so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Many thanks.

8. Hi Programme,

I have a few booklets from last year that i can email if you send me your email address.

I would be very interested in any booklets that have been created for this years topic.

My email address is jrob@nortoncollege.net

Thanks

J

9. Hi all. I am solely running business studies in my school and have just transferred to do Business studies AQA spec. If any of you would be willing to share the controlled assessment booklets you have created for the students I would greatly appreciate it! My email is jade.williams@elfed-hs.flintshire.sch.uk

Many thanks in advance, greatly appreciated

Jade

10. I have now created a guide for this Control Assessment and would be happy to share it with other Business Studies teachers.

If people could repay the compliment with BS resources that would be cool.

Good luck

J

jrob@nortoncollege.net

11. Hi - could you email me any resources made on AQA controlled assessments

sobhan@hansprice.org.uk

thanks