1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Business and Communication Systems 4134

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by DawnMcD, Sep 9, 2012.

1. On the AQA website there is a suggested 'integrated' SOW (5 terms) to cover units 8 and 9 together and they also offer 2 separate ones. Is the integrated one the best option? Is the controlled assessment (unit 10) done at the end of the 5 terms?

2. On the AQA website there is a suggested 'integrated' SOW (5 terms) to cover units 8 and 9 together and they also offer 2 separate ones. Is the integrated one the best option? Is the controlled assessment (unit 10) done at the end of the 5 terms?

3. I teach unit 8 on its own and then unit 9 interspersed with the controlled assessment - once appropriate skills have been taught / recapped.
    All assessment is at the end of the two years.
    Hope this helps

4. Thanks, that's great. Do you use the suggested SOWs for units 8 and 9 on the AQA website or do you have a better approach?

5. Not even looked at them! Write my own - not sure if they're any better!!

6. would you mind sharing your Scheme of work with me please? I am in a panic as Inspectors are calling soon. thank you

efulton785@c2kni.net

thanks

ed