1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Assignment 3 help please!

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by oxy, Oct 22, 2015.

1. oxy

oxy New commenter

We have three GCSE classes, all being taught by English teachers - two of whom have never taught Media before, and would like to do advertising for Assignment 3. We have always done magazines previously but due to magazines being covered in assignment 1, we need to switch to advertising. Does anyone do this option?
    The teachers want to do all print based work (not confident with editing and limited resources due to A Levels). I am struggling to see how 4 print ads add up to the same amount of technical skill as 4 magazine pages. Should they be varied print ads - two mag, one billboard and one bus for example?
    I also cannot find any exemplar work for advertising - it is all magazines on the AQA website. Can anyone help with this? Has anyone got any they would be willing to share with me?
    Thanks!

2. Mr_X

Mr_X New commenter

It's three adverts not four. Take a look at Candidate B on the 2014 standardisation materials for an idea. They got 16 marks for their three print adverts.

Attached Files:

3. oxy

oxy New commenter

Thank you!