1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA GCSE Additional Science ISA deadlines (for cohort leaving this summer)

Discussion in 'Science' started by icenimoon, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Thank-you very much for the quick response, swebby - really appreciated it.

2. Just wanted to say, don't forget to get your students to sign their individual copies of the "Candidate Record Form". Each student has to have one signed. Also there is a form that all teachers involved in the process need to sign. These forms can be downloaded from the AQA website.

3. Thanks for that too, Mary. Fortunately (for me), others are paid to make sure all of that happens, but all advice is welcome!. As a classroom teacher rather than manager, I'm concerned about how much pressure is being piled on to get the wretched things done, marked and moderated <u>way</u> before we have reached the appropriate part of the module [​IMG] - but I didn't want to object if we really were closer to deadlines than I'd appreciated previously.

4. As a Head of Department I like the ISAs to be completed before the Easter Holidays so I have time to arrange any catch ups/improvements before the May Deadline. It could be that your HoD likes to have them in early as well; I always find the most pressurised time of year is around coursework deadline date and anything that makes it less hectic is to be welcomed.

5. Before the Easter holidays would have seemed perfectly reasonable, I agree.

6. 7 May this year. If you post it first class on 5th you should be ok.