1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Exam result

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by suretouch, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Anybody else disappointed with unit 1 results? Much different from last year, I marked this paper and they were much stricter on the essay marking but do not appear to have changed the grade boundaries.

2. Anybody else disappointed with unit 1 results? Much different from last year, I marked this paper and they were much stricter on the essay marking but do not appear to have changed the grade boundaries.

3. Yes, my colleague and myself are disappointed with our Year 11 Unit 1 results. However, on the whole we are pleased with our Year 12 GCSE results. We were unsure whether or not to query the results for Unit 1 or just have a very serious chat with the students on their return. Despite being pleased with our Year 12 results there were some shocks - unexpected pleasing results and unexpected disappointing results for a few students.

4. I was also disappointed with the unit 1 results that my yr 10 have just sat. They were much lower than expected and do not compare to the mock we completed with them which was last years paper. If others are of similar thinking might this be an issue to raise with AQA?

5. Yes I think myself and my colleague are going to follow this up with AQA. As you say the results from internal mocks do not match with those that were achieved in the external exam. We need some reassurance from AQA with regards to these results.

6. We also have an issue with our unit 1 results and will be following this up with AQA.
    Our results were not comparable to any mocks students undertook and were similar in final results to the Unit 2 results which was unexpected as AQA suggested that Unit 1 was a Year 1o unit in terms of difficulty and access to business language.
    We have been affected accross the range but most notably in the A* grades.
    I would welcome any comments from other SL's if anyone has follwed this up so far as even if these results stand we are unclear as to how we would move forward and secure A* grades (evaluation marks) for the Summer 2012 exams.
    Thanks

7. This year's results have been very disappointing for me too, especially at AS Business Studies, but for GCSE too.
    Please do let us TES bloggers know if AQA have provided anyone with any answers, and I will try and investigate too.
    Frankly, these are the worst results I have ever had in my whole teaching career, and the kids (on the whole) worked their socks off! - can't help but doubt myself now...