1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA English Lit B New Spec Long Term Plan?

Discussion in 'English' started by genb79, Mar 30, 2016.

1. genb79

genb79 New commenter

Hi

I am new to teaching AQA English Literature B, and was hoping that people would be willing to share their long term plans, or at least the texts that you have chosen for the course. We are co-teaching AS and A level but may be changing to A level only. We are doing tragedy and the social and political option for Y13.

I am just looking for different options planning, as I am finding the different combinations of texts quite confusing!

Thanks!

2. genb79

genb79 New commenter

Anyone?!
    If anyone has any pointers, tips or advice for how they organise the course, I would love to hear them :)

3. CarolineEm

CarolineEm New commenter

We are doing linear, so no A/S. We love this approach, as we aren’t constrained by A/S exam content and techniques. Two teachers per class: one doing Crime + the prose coursework + covering half of the theories, the other doing Comedy + the poetry coursework + the other half of the theories. Briefly: nearly all texts covered by summer term of Lower Sixth; coursework in autumn term of Upper Sixth plus finishing all texts, leaving spring / summer U6 for returning to the texts and getting them exam-ready.

I've taught the legacy LitB course since it started. Happy to give more detail if you want to message me.

I’ve started putting some of my work for this on the resources section, with more to follow, in particular 'mock' papers and exemplar answers!

I hope this helps

4. priscilla_lane

priscilla_lane New commenter

My school decided to co-teach too, so the combination of texts is more limited. All our students will sit AS exams this summer. We are also doing tragedy and plan to do the social political option. This year, teacher 1 has covered Shakespeare play and poetry, teacher 2 covered the other drama text and prose. For us, that is Othello, Hardy, Richard II and The Great Gatsby. Happy to share info if you message.

5. Lfaith1

Lfaith1 New commenter

Hi,

We taught AS this year (Tragedy) and did The Remains of the Day, Othello, Keats poetry and Death of a Salesman. We are dropping AS this year and just doing A2.

We have chosen to do Crime rather than Political literature and will be teaching The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, When Will There Be Good News, narrative poetry and The Miller's Tale for NEA. We will also revise Tragedy this year.

I've been tasked with planning for the Atkinson novel and would be willing to share some resources for the other texts in exchange for anything anyone has on this! There's not much around for the novel!

6. DionysusTeacher

DionysusTeacher New commenter

We're doing the whole liner A Level. No AS. We've decided to split it so one teacher does The Crime Unit and Prose NEA and the other teacher does Tragedy and Poetry NEA. I'm teaching the aspects of tragedy unit, doing Othello, Richard II and The Great Gatsby. The other teacher is doing Atonement, Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Hamlet. We feel like it's easier to co-teach if you only do the full A Level, as things seemed to a be a bit more complicated and limited when looking at doing AS as well.