1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA English Language Unit 3b

Discussion in 'English' started by xg!, Feb 26, 2011.

1. xg!

xg! New commenter

I'd like to do the moving image task exemplified in the GCSE English spec for the GCSE English Language spec is this ok?
    The task: "Choose one short, memorable scene from a film you have seen. Write the scene as a creative piece e.g. part of a story or a description. Try to capture the same atmosphere as the original film."
    Could this be considered as "writing based on moving images."

Many thanks.

2. xg!

xg! New commenter

I'd like to do the moving image task exemplified in the GCSE English spec for the GCSE English Language spec is this ok?
    The task: "Choose one short, memorable scene from a film you have seen. Write the scene as a creative piece e.g. part of a story or a description. Try to capture the same atmosphere as the original film."
    Could this be considered as "writing based on moving images."

Many thanks.

3. Are you sure this is the English language spec task? I have a feeling this is the English spec task. I think the language moving images task is a review of a film. Just make sure you have the correct controlled conditions booklet as the tasks do differ from Lang to straight English.

4. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

Agreed - I can't see how a story or description fits the English Language task which asks them to write about the film. I suppose it could be done with some manipulation of a title but it would make it confusing for students, I think.

5. xg!

xg! New commenter

It is from the English spec but I was wondering if I could do the same task for the Language spec seeing as it would be a piece of writing based on moving image. I've actually had some good responses to this task.

6. GloriaSunshine

GloriaSunshine New commenter

I can't see how you can use it easily. Althought the English Lang task doesn't say students have to produce a piece of non fiction writing, the task requires them to discuss genre and audience appeal so it doesn't really lend itself to writing a story or description.