1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

aqa English GCSE themes

Discussion in 'English' started by Kidders, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

This is for the English course. Can I use a different theme for each controlled assessment? Eg relationships for a poetry assessment and then conflict for Shakespeare. This will only make sense if you know the course and spec! Thank you :)

2. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

This is for the English course. Can I use a different theme for each controlled assessment? Eg relationships for a poetry assessment and then conflict for Shakespeare. This will only make sense if you know the course and spec! Thank you :)

3. Yes you can. You can use the same one or a different one.

4. According to the controlled conditions booklet, you have to stick to the same theme:

"candidates will submit for assessment three written responses based on the same task chosen from the task bank for this unit"

Page 3 of the CC booklet.

5. Kidders

Kidders New commenter

Oh this may be problem then ! I did parent child relationships for poetry and conflict for Shakespeare ... Will I need them to redo one changing the theme to be the same eg poetry one looking at conflict ?