1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

aqa engineering

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by crimble, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Has anybody started any preparation for the Unit 1 exam yet? Are there any postings of resources from colleagues on the net? I have not been given any pre release papers and am chasing this up with the board and my school.

Also has anyone any idea about the Unit 3 paper? I was quite shocked that AQA abandoned moderation meetings for this course especially as it is a new course.

2. Not supposed to start until March 1st.
    However I taught this subject for an EDEXCEL exam not so long ago so I was surprised that the topic has come up again. Never mind, already found the How it's made video on YouTube :=}.
    Totally agree about the lack of Standardisation meeting, the Online version is a no go as far as I am concerned as all my spare time has been taken up with after-schools etc. so had no time to sit down an go through the very dry process online. It is the same for Electronic Products so i have missed out twice! No time set aside and no time to have a networking session with the other teachers/fellow sufferers.
    Good Luck, will post any resources I put together when I can.

3. Any chance you could tell me what the paper is about as I have not received any briefing!!!!!!!

4. If haven't received anthing that is a problem as you should have received a sheet for each candidate entered. Check with your examinations officer tomorrow!
    Will start talking about the topic on Tuesday when embargo raised.

5. Almost Tuesday so here goes . . .
    The topic is (drumroll) . . . . Barbeques!!!!!