1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA ELC History

Discussion in 'History' started by thmkidd, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,

First time poster (and fully prepared to use this wonderful forum as a sounding board!) enquiring about the AQA ELC in History. I am a newly appointed Head of Department at a school which struggles with it's History results owing to generally quite poor literacy levels. I have heard about this qualification through a friend and wondered if any of you had any experience of teaching it? Do you find it worthwhile for your lower ability students? I am quite keen to promote a love of History at our school without sending these students into a notoriously challenging GCSE and setting them up for disappointment. Any advice you have would be extremely gratefully received.

Tom.

2. Hello everyone,

First time poster (and fully prepared to use this wonderful forum as a sounding board!) enquiring about the AQA ELC in History. I am a newly appointed Head of Department at a school which struggles with it's History results owing to generally quite poor literacy levels. I have heard about this qualification through a friend and wondered if any of you had any experience of teaching it? Do you find it worthwhile for your lower ability students? I am quite keen to promote a love of History at our school without sending these students into a notoriously challenging GCSE and setting them up for disappointment. Any advice you have would be extremely gratefully received.

Tom.