1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Drama Written Paper workshops

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by japonica892, Dec 6, 2011.

1. japonica892

japonica892 New commenter

Hi all
    Recently I went to a 'Feedback' meeting for GCSE Drama (AQA) While there another teacher told me they were having an AQA examiner in to do a workshop on the written paper with the pupils. I rang AQA who said they don't run anything like this so I suspect it is being done privately...does anyone know of this, for a few years we had an English Chief Examiner who travelled the country giving workshops for the pupils on the language paper and I was hoping that the same might be available for GCSE Drama.
    If anyone knows I would love to know!
    Thanks

2. japonica892

Hi all
    Recently I went to a 'Feedback' meeting for GCSE Drama (AQA) While there another teacher told me they were having an AQA examiner in to do a workshop on the written paper with the pupils. I rang AQA who said they don't run anything like this so I suspect it is being done privately...does anyone know of this, for a few years we had an English Chief Examiner who travelled the country giving workshops for the pupils on the language paper and I was hoping that the same might be available for GCSE Drama.
    If anyone knows I would love to know!
    Thanks

3. dande

dande New commenter

Who is the Chief Examiner? Can you find out and ask them directly? They would possibly be the best person to run such a workshop.

4. AQA will send out an examiner to run a feedback session/ discuss the examination for a fee of about £600
    You could advertise this to other centre and invite them for a fee to help cover costs. The number of candidates changes the costs.

This is run by a separate department, I don't have th info with me at the moment.

5. japonica892

Hi thanks for that info....is this only aimed at teachers or for candidates. I have already been to the feedback meeting if it is only for teachers.