1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Different Cultures poetry

Discussion in 'English' started by thewhiterabbit, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I need to do another S+L role play task with my Year 11s. We're revising poetry from different cultures at the moment. I could do a one off role play lesson then return to poetry but I wondered if anyone had any brilliant ideas for a role play S+L that fitted around one of the poems? Ideally from cluster one although suggestions from cluster two also very welcome!

2. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

How about the Ferlinghetti?

3. Lollylulu

Lollylulu New commenter

Hi,

I would probably use 'Limbo' if I were you and get the students to do a soliloquy about their time on the slave ship. Or perhaps, you could ask the students to re-enact 'Night of the Scorpian', but put a modern spin on it/re-telling? They could even change the persective of the poem if they did that. Or ask them to act out a memorable event which sticks out in their minds. Perhaps a time when they were scared?
    Hope this helps!
    Louise

4. Clarerees

Clarerees New commenter

Or you could use Two Scavengers? Depending on the ability of the students either some sort of scenario involving the characters meeting or perhaps their different experiences of the same city throughout their day.

5. Thanks for all the suggestions - brilliant. Much appreciated.