1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Decision exam question

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by rachie_j, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I have just looked at the Jan 2011 exam paper as I am teaching Decision this term to my year 13. It is the new style exam book and says in the top right hand corner of every page "do not write outside the box".
    Am I to assume this means anything written outside the lined paper will not be marked? With decision students obviously need to use the diagrams to help them and the dijkstras question is surely marked on the network and so why does it ask them not to write outside the answer area?

2. I have just looked at the Jan 2011 exam paper as I am teaching Decision this term to my year 13. It is the new style exam book and says in the top right hand corner of every page "do not write outside the box".
    Am I to assume this means anything written outside the lined paper will not be marked? With decision students obviously need to use the diagrams to help them and the dijkstras question is surely marked on the network and so why does it ask them not to write outside the answer area?

3. Because the scanned answer that goes to the marker is only the space inside the box