1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Dance A2 practical solo

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by clarelou_x, Jan 27, 2011.

1. clarelou_x

clarelou_x New commenter

Just wondering as this is my first time running A2 that my focus is correct for the Solos

I have 2 approaches in my lesson

1. More technical able students are using Alvin Ailey, they are learning some repetoire from Revelations (sinner man and fix me jesus sections) and then using tasks to develop material in the style of Ailey

2. Other students are taking the same approach but using Davie's Carnival of the animals- with again some rep and some own creative work

Will this allow students to meet the grading criteria? They are all a/b students and achieved this so far so dont want to let them down! Would anyone do it a different way?

Many Thanks

2. clarelou_x

clarelou_x New commenter

Just wondering as this is my first time running A2 that my focus is correct for the Solos

I have 2 approaches in my lesson

1. More technical able students are using Alvin Ailey, they are learning some repetoire from Revelations (sinner man and fix me jesus sections) and then using tasks to develop material in the style of Ailey

2. Other students are taking the same approach but using Davie's Carnival of the animals- with again some rep and some own creative work

Will this allow students to meet the grading criteria? They are all a/b students and achieved this so far so dont want to let them down! Would anyone do it a different way?

Many Thanks