1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Controlled Assessment (Unit 3)

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by JR77, May 15, 2012.

1. Hi,

I am new to teaching Business Studies this year, got the Unit 1 exam on the 22nd.

I then plan to start the controlled assessment. Does anybody have any advice on how to do it successfully?

Also, it is the 2013 one i do?

Thanks

2. Hi,

I am new to teaching Business Studies this year, got the Unit 1 exam on the 22nd.

I then plan to start the controlled assessment. Does anybody have any advice on how to do it successfully?

Also, it is the 2013 one i do?

Thanks

3. cag29

cag29 New commenter

ye sit is the 2013 one thats about competitors and how they can be more competitive. I'm busy re-doing a booklet for my students to use, should have it done by next week. If you give me your email I will send you a copy when I'm done if you want.

4. mattbazza

mattbazza New commenter

Hi Sorry for hijacking I know people do this alot in this forum but if you happy to share the booklet could I have a copy at:
    matt.barrett@ymail.com

Just found out my other teacher is leaving and we are going to attemmpt this controlled assessment at short notice before the summer holidays.

Many thanks!

5. mattbazza

mattbazza New commenter

I will try and send some good stuff for Unit 1 and 2 your way in return.

6. That would be brilliant, my email address is jrob@nortoncollege.net.

I have quite a few resources for Unit 1 that i can share.

7. I have a diary that I have re-jigged from a previous year...happy for people to use in return for other stuff! Not sure how to attach so send me your email addresses to:

Jaime.scholefield@kshssa.co.uk

8. I would love a copy of the booklet as well, I haven't been able to get out on any INSET so I am finding it a struggle. I have a unit 1 AQA GCSE independent learning worksheet on people spanning a few lessons which I am doing with my yr 9s which I am happy to send out if you are interested. My e mail is m.hyates1@btinterent.com. Many thanks

9. I would love a copy of the booklet as well, I haven't been able to get out on any INSET so I am finding it a struggle. I have a unit 1 AQA GCSE independent learning worksheet on people spanning a few lessons which I am doing with my yr 9s, I am happy to send out if you are interested. My e mail is m.hyates1@btinternet.com. Many thanks

10. Hi
    I would really appreciate a copy of your reworked booklet, I am struggling with this year's brief it is a very broad remit!
    My email address is autumnhouse.1@btinternet.com.
    I am happy to give you anything you need on Unit 1 or 2.
    Many thanks.

11. Hi
    I would love a copy of any resources anyone has for the 2013 CA task.

I have lots of resources I can share on Uniit 1 and 2 and AQA A level.
    Thank you to anyone who can help
    Annabelle

12. If I could get a copy as well it wouldbe much appreciated.
    neilc12@btinternet.com
    I have produced homework booklets for Unit 1 and Unit2 which are all exam style questions and take students through the whole syllabus. If you want them let me know.
    Cheers
    Neil

13. I would also love a copy of the CA booklet - I am willing to share other resources at request:

email: tullybird@hotmail.com

14. Hi JR77
    Im in the exact same boat as you. After the exam on the 22nd im now starting the 2012 controlled assessment and Im finding it difficult to know where to start. I looked on the aqa website for the controlled assessment course in July but the fee is 199 and i dont think the school has the funds to send me to england etc. I was wondering if you have any ideas could you please let me know I'd be very grateful! A very stressed out wee teacher at the mo:)

15. Sorry i meant the 2013 task:)

16. cag29

cag29 New commenter

if you go onto e-aqa and in the teacher services theres a section on teacher standardisation - this takes you through the standradisation process and it is simply what they do on the course as they use the same materials. I did it last year and found I marked really harshly compared to the chief moderator. Was quite helpful and FREE!!!! [​IMG] See you exam officer if you don't have a password for it.

17. gedandpat

gedandpat New commenter

18. Hi
    Im acting as Head of Business in my school and have never done the unit 3 controlled assessment. I would really appreciate any help. Could you email me the booklet you did and I will of course send you my bank of resources?
    nat_gib@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks a lot!