1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Controlled Assessment reassurance needed!

Discussion in 'English' started by HannahBlenk, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Can someone help with this? We started doing English GCSE in Sept and did a controlled assessment at the end of the first term and one just before Christmas that we're not yet finished. I got an email today from AQA saying we're supposed to submit marks on Monday, I havent marked the second piece yet! My HOD has mentioned it yet but I've a feeling she's missed this if we do. Do we have to submit our marks on Monday or is this only for a one year course or if they started it in Sept 2009?
    Thanks,
    Hannah [​IMG]

2. anteater

anteater New commenter

Can't have started it in Sept 2009, as that cohort will still be doing the old spec. And you can choose when to "bank" your CA stuff. Are you sure the marks you are meant to submit aren't for those doing Functional Skills (so any candidates doing Diplomas)? I'm sure those marks are due about now for Y10, as our HOD was collating Speaking and Listening marks for that today.