1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Computing Text Book

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by coleman01, Aug 25, 2011.

1. One final thing... (you can see my mind is full of questions tonight).
    Anyone who does teach Computing at A-Level; I wondered if you knew of any books which are better than the naff one endorsed by AQA (this one). It is just horrid in helping students with anything!
    Thanks.

2. One final thing... (you can see my mind is full of questions tonight).
    Anyone who does teach Computing at A-Level; I wondered if you knew of any books which are better than the naff one endorsed by AQA (this one). It is just horrid in helping students with anything!
    Thanks.

3. To be honest, although we have the textbooks, I tend not to make much use of them apart from self-study for the hardware devices at AS and even then the content doesn't match what is actually asked in the exam! I find the text very dense and difficult for the average student to understand so I get info from a range of sources and put notes on our VLE- I have found the A Level Computing textbook from www. theteacher.info very useful. I think the AQA textbook makes some of the topics much harder than they are- I also got some good resources from a course run by VITAL ( linked to the OU).

4. Thanks I will give them a look over.

Much appreciated.