1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA Cluster 1 question Foundation paper

Discussion in 'English' started by KNaylor, May 18, 2011.

1. I didn't see the paper today. Can anyone tell me what the question on the cluster 1 poems was?

2. I didn't see the paper today. Can anyone tell me what the question on the cluster 1 poems was?

3. It was 'Two Scavengers...' on both Higher and Foundation. The Foundation question was something lie 'How does the poet present feelings about groups of people in 'Two Scavs..' and one other poem.'
    The Higher questions was about how the poet shows feeling about political/social issues.
    I thought it was a good paper; was really pleased with the poetry question, and I'd predicted to my class it would be 'Two Scavs' as the named poem this year, so fingers crossed for good results!

4. Thanks for that

5. anteater

anteater New commenter

Compare the methods the poets use to present political and/or social ideas in "Two Scavengers..." and in one other poem of your choice
    Very pleased with that question! I think most of my class would have had a lot to say comparing the named poem with "Nothing's Changed" (or possibly "What Were They Like?") - so I do hope that is what they chose...

6. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

Great question! I thought initially that the "social ideas" add-on was a little wishy-washy for the higher-end students (as the poem is highly political), but it seemed to turned out well in the end. Two great papers.