1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA BUSS2 - what did you think?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by britney1004, May 24, 2011.

1. Has anyone had the chance to look at the BUSS2 paper from this morning?
    How on earth would you calculate Q1a)ii)? Is the 12.5million meant to be in £s not dollars?
    Thanks!

2. Has anyone had the chance to look at the BUSS2 paper from this morning?
    How on earth would you calculate Q1a)ii)? Is the 12.5million meant to be in £s not dollars?
    Thanks!

3. The paper was ok generally - lots came up we had looked at. I also agree re Q1a)ii) - alot of my lot used the $1m sales figure and divided that by $12.5m capital invested figure !!

4. Top class analysis:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/buss2-may-2011-the-scandal-of-question-q1-a-ii/#extended

5. I agree entirely and thank my lucky stars I 'm not marking it! I will however be looking at e-aqa's enhanced mark analysis to see how mine fared on those particular questions.

6. 'ey up: OCR are now at it!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8550836/Student-outrage-over-impossible-A-level-maths-exam.html
    Interesting that the Business Studies debacle has not hit the dailies, but Maths has, isn't it?

Bouga

7. DM

DM New commenter

I'm sure the papers will jump all over this as a follow-up to the other story. You just need to tell them!

8. BBC are onto it now!! Exam question error in AS-level paper http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-13669252

9. AQA have been an absolute joke this past year. Our entire centre's BUSS3 papers in January were completely cocked up by what appears to be a rogue examiner, and we only just got those results back. Let's just say we were completely correct in challenging all the way and there has been a hugely significant increase in grades. This was more reaffirming for our teaching staff than anything... students received, eventually, what we predicted. Looking at the actual scripts it was obvious the examiner was clueless.
    And now, BUSS2. Brilliant. Well done. I have A2 students who resat this paper trying to pick up as many marks as possible, now caught up in a genuinely erroneous exam. These guys are applying for University in possibly the most competitive environment to date, given the pending changes. I just hope they also don't do Biology or Maths! ;)
    All joking asde, this BUSS2 error means that ANY student unhappy with their grade has a case for an appeal and remark, citing that question as a cause of loss of time/stress/confidence-knocker. Coupled with the inevitable lowered grade boundaries, possibly a student's best ever chance at getting a high grade in this module?