1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA BUSS1

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by lord sutch, May 15, 2012.

1. lord sutch

lord sutch New commenter

What were people's thoughts on BUSS1 yesterday..........
    I thought overall it was an accessible paper albeit very finance led.........

2. lord sutch

lord sutch New commenter

What were people's thoughts on BUSS1 yesterday..........
    I thought overall it was an accessible paper albeit very finance led.........

3. AWB

AWB

I agree, in fact the first 20 questions reminded me of the old AQA applied GCSE finance paper!

4. 55% of the marks in question 1 are numerical manipulations and 62% of the marks in question 2 are finance. Feedback from students who panic at the sight of numbers: it was hard. I don't think the paper was hard but there was a lot of numerical data which I think has put quite a few students off before then even started planning their answers.

5. danlee

danlee New commenter

Yes the numerical element is becoming harder, for example, calculating the variable costs. Students would have been taught to do this from start to finish but this example required them to work backwards - I know they are applying business studies logic but some would have understood what contribution and variable costs are but would not have been able to reverse the calculations to get the variable costs.

BUSS1 has always been quite finance led - in the early days it wasnt but is becoming increasingly so.