1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA B English Language AS level - how do you structure the course?

Discussion in 'English' started by lilteacher84, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I am taking responsibility for KS5 Language for our faculty and was wondering if anyone could tell me how they structure their course?
    For the past few years we have taught the spoken and written language topics separately. However I was thinking of changing the scheme of work so that we look at the concepts, e.g. grammar, mode etc and then look at examples of spoken and written texts within them, rather than looking at spoken lang and looking at the concepts under that.
    Also, I am in the position where I may have three teachers taking one class - any suggestions as to how I could divide the course between them?
    Can anybody advise what works for them?
    Thanks in advance!

2. I would have one teacher concentrating on the coursework element and the other two the exam, you could issue the areas of study between them.
    Yelnats

3. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

Three teachers sounds a bit of a problem to me.
    We generally have one teacher starting the grammar and linguistic methods stuff followed by categorising texts while a second teacher does the coursework. Then we move on to power, gender and technology. One area each and then divide up the left over one between the two teachers.

4. Thanks for the replies. Do they start the coursework in September?