1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA AS D + TS Plays and practitioners?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by shellsinclair, Nov 28, 2011.

1. In the AS/A2 Level standardisation meeting for AQA Drama and Theatre Studies we were told that AQA will not publish a list of practitioners and plays combined for AS as they do not want to endorse or recommend any. Those at the meeting agreed that we could all say what we had done in the past on a forum such as this.
    I certainly feel that this would be very useful and the more ideas we share the better. So, can I encourage anyone that teaches this specification to add what plays and practitioners they have done. Perhaps we could also add what we're thinking of doing this year when the time comes? Then we could share ideas where relevant.

Last year we did Dario Fo's 'Accidental Death of an Anarchist' and 'Mistero Buffo' using Dario Fo as the practitioner for both.

2. Last year we did Road with Brecht and Equus with Artaud
    This year we're doing Attempts on her Life and 4.48 Psychosis with Artaud and Playboy of the Western World with Stanislavski

3. I have a list at work of all mine over the years. Some that stand out as interesting have been

An Artaudian adaptation of Blood Brothers - sounds weird but marks were high

Waiting for Godot with Brecht

The Skriker by Churchill - Artaud

Gah! My memory has gone as I have been off work for months on mat leave! Have also used the following plays successfully for this Unit: R & G Are Dead, Neville's Isalnd - Tim Firth, Abigail's Party, Antigone, My Mother Said I Never Should, Top Girls, A Day in the death of Joe Egg, Road.