1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA A2 Unit 4

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by catsnotdogs, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hey......can anyone tell me what the ques were please? Thanks in advance.

2. Since the paper isn't till Wednesday -it's a bit difficult :)

3. Oops. Thought it was the 25th for some reason.

Good luck everyone!

4. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

Hi catsnotdogs - do you mean Sociology SCLY4? That was last week - I will see if the questions are on e-AQA yet

5. Hey Ravena. So I am not mad! Yes; I do mean SCLY4.

Thanks for your help
    x

6. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

The paper doesnt seem to be on eAQA yet. I know that subcultures came up for crime, and positivism came up as the 33 mark essay

7. Full Paper:-

1) Examine some of the factors that may contribute to people becoming victims of crime. (12 marks)

2) Using the Source and your own knowledge assess the usefulness of subcultural theory in explaining "subcultural crime and deviance" in society today. (21 marks)

3) Identify and explain 1problem of using offical statistics to measure the extent of green crime (3 marks)

4) Identify and briefly explain 2 advantages of using covert observation to study criminal gangs. (6 marks)

5) Using source and elsewhere examine the strengths and limitations of using written questionnaires as a means of investigating prisoners experience of imprisonment (15 marks)

6) Assess the view that positivist methods are inappropriate for investigating society. (33 marks)

8. So sorry for late reply; THANKS!!!