Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by catsnotdogs, Jan 29, 2011.
Hey......can anyone tell me what the ques were please? Thanks in advance.
Since the paper isn't till Wednesday -it's a bit difficult
Oops. Thought it was the 25th for some reason.
Good luck everyone!
Hi catsnotdogs - do you mean Sociology SCLY4? That was last week - I will see if the questions are on e-AQA yet
Hey Ravena. So I am not mad! Yes; I do mean SCLY4.
Thanks for your help
The paper doesnt seem to be on eAQA yet. I know that subcultures came up for crime, and positivism came up as the 33 mark essay
1) Examine some of the factors that may contribute to people becoming victims of crime. (12 marks)
2) Using the Source and your own knowledge assess the usefulness of subcultural theory in explaining "subcultural crime and deviance" in society today. (21 marks)
3) Identify and explain 1problem of using offical statistics to measure the extent of green crime (3 marks)
4) Identify and briefly explain 2 advantages of using covert observation to study criminal gangs. (6 marks)
5) Using source and elsewhere examine the strengths and limitations of using written questionnaires as a means of investigating prisoners experience of imprisonment (15 marks)
6) Assess the view that positivist methods are inappropriate for investigating society. (33 marks)
So sorry for late reply; THANKS!!!