1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA A2 representation- teenagers

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by richardwilliams, Jun 9, 2005.

1. I'm keen to offer this unit and have lots of ideas about possible examples to use, but am struggling to find a good text book. Has anyone offered this unit before? what did you use? what worked? what didn't?
    Thanks

2. I'm keen to offer this unit and have lots of ideas about possible examples to use, but am struggling to find a good text book. Has anyone offered this unit before? what did you use? what worked? what didn't?
    Thanks

3. is there such a thing as a *good* A2 textbook? i've yet to find one.
    but that doesn't really help does it? at our place we cobble together general representation handbooks from a variety of sources.

when i've taught teens for representation i've used examples from rebel without a cause, american grafitti, quadrophenia, breakfast club, kids, gummo, sweet sixteen, hollyoaks, the oc, personal teen internet sites & blogs, and various news stories (hoodies and happyslapping at the moment would be pretty useful).

i've got a pretty detailed kids powerpoint presentation you can have if you're interested (and a more general intro to representation too).

4. they're sent.

5. received- looks great!
    thanks

6. it's done virky.

7. im interested in doing part of my A2 on representation of teenagers..im thinking of looking especially at the film 'thirteen'. does anyone have anyone information of good sites on this subject.

jonnyx, could u possibly send my that information on representation.thanks! :)

8. put your email address up and you can consider it done.

9. Jon - that PowerPoint sounds really helpful - as does your plan for returning Year 12s (separate thread.) If you wouldn't mind sending me them I'd be really grateful.

allisond182@thegrid.org.uk

Many thanks

10. noona and expression - i think i've sent the stuff to you, but i was distracted while i was attaching the files to the email - so i'm not sure that you will have got them. let me know if you haven't.

11. No sign of those yet Jonny - I've just cleared out my postbox to make sure there's room!

12. expression i've just tried again and got this message bounced back to me:

"You sent a message to an account within The Hertfordshire Grid for
    Learning. This is an educational domain. Your message may contain
    inappropriate language, and therefore was not delivered. If you require
    further explanation, please contact..."

certainly no inapropriate language in my message - if the software scans the attachments (the representation in kids powerpoint) then that's a different matter!!

13. Hi JonnyX,
    Any chance of the representation presentation? Would be very useful...
    vicki@indigoworkshop.co.uk

Thanks v much in advance!

14. jonnyx - hi I know you've been inundated with requests, but could you please send me the powerpoint of representation of teenagers too. Thanks

stuartnisbet@btopenworld.com

15. Hi JonnyX - any chance of sending me that Powerpoint presentation also? I'm just starting the A2 course and representation of teenagers seems like the way to go at the moment.
    Thanks
    The.Polstar@gmail.com

16. hey booboo. it's sent.

(great username by the way!!).

17. Thanks for that Jonny - really really useful. As I said in my email, I'm thinking of using 'Paradise Lost' to look at representation of youth (moreover, 'gothic' youth) and what it can lead to in some communities. I don't know if I'm taking it too far though.