1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA A2 Media Studies MEST3 New Topic: Identity & the Media

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by Sealhawk, Nov 14, 2014.

1. backtoback

backtoback New commenter

Thats my problem haha I don't even know what one looks like! Shocking I know!

2. Sealhawk

Sealhawk New commenter

Don't worry, I'm still having this issue myself with some of the Identities stuff and I'm still not convinced that my approach to NDM is completely right either but most of my students do fine in the exam so I must be doing something right!

There are some good examples of case studies out there - my best advice would be to check out something like Media.Edu if you can convince your school to cough up for a subscription. There's literally a wealth of information and examples on there - if you're really unsure then this will help you leaps and bounds.

3. sadesbrown

sadesbrown New commenter

Hi TimSealy,

I was wondering if you would be able to send me your email address as I would be so grateful to share resources with you on this? Having spent an awful lot of time reading the specs and working through the MediaEdu site I am struggling to know how to actually structure it for my classes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sadie

4. KyleNoott

KyleNoott New commenter

Hi all,

This looks like the right sort of Feed for me. Has anyone got any resources for MEST 3?

K J Noott

5. majadge

majadge New commenter

Hi everyone,
    I would really appreciate any help too on Identities - even something as a starting point - started a new school, was told I'd be teaching English. Arrived - have A2 (who all are repeating AS), AS and GCSE Media..

6. Hi, my daughter is currently taking Media Studies A2 and is stressing that she doesn't really know what to do. I've heard this is because this is quite a new topic. If anyone can help or point me towards any resources that could be of help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

7. emilylime

emilylime New commenter

Hi,
    although this is a "new" topic it has been around for a while now. Youtube is a really good place to start looking for some theory based stuff - Judith Butler, the idea of identities being fluid rather than static, the ability to create your own identity using New and Digital Media.
    Slide share also has some stuff which other students have uploaded based on their case studies etc so that may help to see what others are doing. I am presuming she has asked her teacher for some extra help??