1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA A level Biology & Chemistry

Discussion in 'Science' started by rebecca_ryding, Nov 30, 2017.

1. rebecca_ryding

rebecca_ryding New commenter

Hi I am hoping that some one will be able to help me out, I am currently tutoring a home student biology and chemistry A2. We have finished Inorganic and Physical for chemistry and topics 1-7 in Biology and as it is coming to December would like to complete a full length paper for each subject, Paper 1 for Chemistry and mostly paper 2 for biology but I will take out questions on topic 8 and put a couple of questions from paper 1 in. However I do not have access to the 2017 papers as I am a tutor in my spare time, he has completed both specimen set of papers and past questions from the old spec for the topics, I would like to give him a paper which will give a good indication to how he is getting on and see where he can improve. I would be really grateful if somebody could help me out. Thanks in advance.

2. doctoryes

doctoryes Occasional commenter

The reason the 2017 past papers are kept securely is so that they can be used by schools to assess their students. The teachers won't really appreciate a tutor using these.
    My suggestion would be to look at some specimen papers from Edexcel or OCR A with a bit of editing as needed.

3. rebecca_ryding

Hi thanks for your reply, I can understand why, I have actually been creating a paper this moment using some questions from WJEC and CIE, as I don't really like the way edexcel word the questions for biology. Fingers crossed I can set him the 2017 papers or old spec resists early next year before they come out in may, right before the exams.

4. rehaank

rehaank Occasional commenter

Hi,

Try some of the BYA/BYB papers for biology - some of those questions have been directly lifted up and put into the new specimen papers!!!!!

They have some beautifully challenging application questions in there, and many i could expect to see in a new spec paper. If you would like to sample one of my own end of topic tests just send me your email and i'll send one through - they're made up of BYA/BYB papers and my own questions, and are designed to be incredibly difficult yet rewarding.

5. rebecca_ryding

Hi sorry only just seen the reply, that would be absolutely amazing. my email is rebecca.ryding@mail.com