1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

AQA A Level Anthropology

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by ch327, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hi, anyone out there know anything about the new A Level in Anthropology by AQA? I studied anthropology at university but now teach sociology and have been looking into the possibility of introducing it as a new course at my sixth form college, or possibly looking elsewhere for a teaching position combining the two subjects. If anyone has started teaching the course already and has any advice they could pass on to me I would be very grateful.

2. Hi, anyone out there know anything about the new A Level in Anthropology by AQA? I studied anthropology at university but now teach sociology and have been looking into the possibility of introducing it as a new course at my sixth form college, or possibly looking elsewhere for a teaching position combining the two subjects. If anyone has started teaching the course already and has any advice they could pass on to me I would be very grateful.

3. I'm in the second year of anthropology after asking to set up and run it here at our college from the start of last year. Been a lot of hard work but the students seem to enjoy it. I've only every seen one anthropology job come up in the last year or so because there is such a small cohort of places offering it at the moment and many places are offering it because of teachers already within their institution doing it. I would suggest asking to introduce it at your place of work. On the discoveranthropology.org.uk site there is a document under the A-level info bit which 'sells' the course to management etc. which I found useful in putting my case together.
    Email me if you have any further questions: lway@grantham.ac.uk

4. Hi, I'm desperate for some resources/guidance for A2 Anthropology. Got through AS just with very little, A2 is just a step to far! AQA haven't helped at all!

My email is katie_burdett@hotmail.com if anyone can help x