1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Aptamil and dirty nappies?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Wylfie, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Wylfie

Wylfie New commenter

I just wanted to find out if anyone else's LOs have this issue. My LO almost always has a dirty nappy midway through a feed or just after ie 5 a day at the moment. They are runny and more often than not leak despite trying all sorts of different nappies. I have read elsewhere that Aptamil might be to blame-she is on the hungry milk and has been for almost four months. Nothing else has changed, she is happy, doesn't cry when she poops and is growing well. I suppose what I'm asking is, is this normal and if not what should I do?!

Thanks x

2. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Do you have to use the hungry milk? Not that brand especially, but know some hvs against hungry brands as it has a lot of casein? which apparently upsets some. Dep on age could you try 1 or 3?
    But after talking to hundreds of mums over the years, apparently some abies poo 10 times a day and for others twice a week's normal. Maybe see the GP, or just phone?

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

My son always had Cow & Gate stage 1, but he went through a phase, when he was about 7-8 months of having really runny poos that leaked everywhere. This was when he started cutting his first teeth, so i'm assuming that was why. It's also when i went back to work and he went to a childminder, so i don't know if that's part of the reason.