1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

April/May - Job Fairs

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Zenkris, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Has anyone been to the later job fairs (Apr/May) with Search or CIS? Is it worth going to? What have been your experiences? I'm considering applying to attend a fair then. Is it worth the hassle or should I stick with TES and the websites?

2. grandslam2005

grandslam2005 New commenter

Hi again Zenkris!

I have attended both Search and COIS in April/May and have been offered posts and they were not in core subjects. The onemain benefit of these fairs over say the earlier ones is that some schools will have a much clearer picture of their recruiting needs as most people wo are intending on leaving have already handed in their notice.

I would advise on using as many outlets as possible. The amount of jobs available at the later fairs are probably less in number but tend to be definite positions as opposed to tentative.

Good luck

3. Sorry, forgot about this thread [​IMG]
    Thanks for the info grandslam.
    Last year I was disappointed with the location of most of the schools. I'm keen to go to most places except China and the Middle East (with the exception of Egypt). When I checked the individual websites of the schools that were going, only 2 had jobs in my subject so I didn't bother. Wondering if it will be the same this year...

4. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Just curious as to why you have ruled out even considering schools in China. There are many excellent to good schools and from my understanding, fewer truly dodgy schools than even Egypt.