1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

april fool

Discussion in 'Primary' started by just_keep_swimming, Mar 31, 2011.

1. "Ooh could you just go and fetch me a long weight for today's maths lesson. I think Mrs so-and-so had it last..."

He came back 30 minutes later, having been sent round at least 5 different classrooms by various teachers, moaning that no one had a long wait.
    "Well you just have"

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

School Dentist is visiting at 10 am.

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

well, I've had a lovely morning telling lies to all my class! I did the long weight/wait one very successfully. I sent a child to each of the other classes asking for 'forkandles'. Not so successful as I ended up with 5 candles and a box of matches on my desk for the rest of the morning.
    I also read out the names for the up and coming swimming gala, putting the most unsuitable children in the hardest races. That was funny. And I also gave them really hard words in their spelling test.
    Seems I don't have enough to do in the classroom....

4. tell them that they are to constantly assessed, reugularly tested, given meaningless Sats and if they are good they will be allowed to be taught in an acadamy.
    oh - but that's not a joke...
    [​IMG]

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I did a very hard spelling test. It was great, I told them standards weren't high enough and they needed to up their game ready for year 5. Then read out the spellings. They actually did them without even batting and eye lid, even though the words were getting harder and more bizarre! It was sooo hard not to laugh. When I told them, their faces were brilliant. Definitely the best moment of my week!

6. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

You could tell them there are no sats any more.
    Only that's actually true. (They last happened in 1991 - fact.)

So, who's the joke on?

7. am i missing something?

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

They are no longer called SATs officially - although everyone still uses the term. They are National Curriculum Assessments (or Tests).

9. I wrote the date as the 32nd of March....no-one noticed, they just copied down, even though it was one child's birthday - I despair sometimes

10. Big lol! [​IMG] (If you didn't laugh you'd cry..... often a saying in our staff room!!)

11. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

That's why I have a calendar in my classroom that the children change the date each day.