1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Apps to help with teaching and organisation

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by lizz9999, May 21, 2011.

1. Every year I am issued with a standard teacher's planner and every year I swear to myself that I will use it, but I don't. I end up surrounded by random bits of paper and being constantly surprised by parents' evenings. I have just bought myself a new android tablet (a motorola xoom for those that care. It's great!) and am looking for the perfect organisational app that will replace the planner and mark book.

Obviously I need to use it to justify the vast expense. Anyone found the perfect app, or indeed would like to write one!

2. There's a good one called 'Classes' - designed for kids though really, but you can upload your timetable and hwk etc and reminders - quite useful.
    Also 2Do is excellent - I have an iPhone so I'm afraid I don't know if any of these can be used on the xoom.

3. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Brilliant! Thank-you.

4. Sorry to sound a grouch, but what is wrong with paper and pen? At only 38, and an avid user of the internet and IT in my teaching, I still find a planner the best way to go.
    Unfortunately I have (like a lot of others) been the victim of IT going wrong.
    When Ofsted come, they have often looked in my planner for my lesson and pupil info. I perfer to have it on hand rather than an APP.
    (BTW Yes, I have an iphone & ipad, but I still prefer paper!)

5. Try ClassTime Schedule for the iPad.
    www.schowalterproductions.com

6. staxis

staxis New commenter

I just use the calendar feature of iGoogle. It's perfect for me as it will syncronise with my BlackBerry and is available on any computer that can access the web.