1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

approximately how long before an interview date would you find out if you were short listed?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by katieemma2, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I have just applied for my first teaching post and I know interview dates of one of the jobs and the other posts said interviews before easter. I was wondering approximately how long before an interview date would you find out if you were short listed?
    Thank You :)

2. I have just applied for my first teaching post and I know interview dates of one of the jobs and the other posts said interviews before easter. I was wondering approximately how long before an interview date would you find out if you were short listed?
    Thank You :)

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm afraid the answer to that involves the length of a piece of string. Some people have been phoned only the day before the interview takes place.
    I do know that schools have tended in recent years to give a lot less time than used to be the case, largely because as people are applying for lots more jobs at one time, giving a lot of notice can result in your field being diminshed massively by the time the interview day comes around.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I've been called 4pm the day before so Middlemarch's piece of string theory is spot on. Sorry! x