1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Appropriate Spanish language films for year 9?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by zclgb30, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hello,

My school does GCSE languages in one year in year 9....!!! At the end of the course we always struggle to find films that are appropriate for a year 9 audience. Many Spanish/ Lat Am. films contain a lot of sex, drugs and violence. Even FLAs struggle to make any suggestions! Can anybody help? Thanks,

Eloise :)

2. pascuam49

pascuam49 New commenter

Not sure what type of film you are looking for. These are animation but the Spanish background is quite easy to spot: "El libro de la vida" (deals with el dia de los muertos in Mexico)," Futbolin" (Argentinian), about futbol but also about being part of a team, standing up against injustice, etc." Puss in Boots" with Antonio Banderas' and Salma Hayek's voices is quite amusing too (although a bit old now). Last, my students used to enjoy watching the first HP film dubbed in Spanish. Hope this helps.

3. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

I like a film called Di Que Si - it's a rom com with enough action and comedy that it appeals to most people even if they don't like romances. It's about the only one I've ever found that's good but not depressing and doesn't contain lots of stuff you wouldn't want to show a load of 13 year olds!