1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Appreciation of Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by kstring24, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I'm having a mega busy week and I've ended up with another interview (thanks for the help from those who gave it!!)
    This time the topic is 'appreciation of music' - any ideas? It's with Yr9 too. I have a few ideas, but it's so broad I'm stuck! Argh!

Thank you x

2. I'm having a mega busy week and I've ended up with another interview (thanks for the help from those who gave it!!)
    This time the topic is 'appreciation of music' - any ideas? It's with Yr9 too. I have a few ideas, but it's so broad I'm stuck! Argh!

Thank you x

3. musicismyreligion

musicismyreligion New commenter

How long is the lesson? If it was a 30 minute slot I would think about:
    Could you do something on desert island discs, and how they would pick only 5 songs for the rest of their life. Why? What makes them appreciate that song etc...
    Or, could get them to list all the times in a week they hear music and then imagine a world without it?
    Take a classical piece thats been used in film or remixed and get them to appreciate it in both genres...
    Compose a song in the style of their favourite artist, justifying why they appreciate that style.
    Off the top of my head.

4. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Let's hear them please.