1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Appraisal Targets

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by laurarobbo91, Sep 21, 2020.

1. laurarobbo91

laurarobbo91 New commenter

Hi Everyone.
    So, I started my new role as second in department for maths 3 weeks ago and I am already being asked to set myself a personal target for my appraisal 20/21. The principal has hinted that they ideally want me to work towards head of department and to set myself a target based around that. I've only had 3 weeks experience and I have no idea what things I could possibly put in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have until Friday to put them in.

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Chat with your HoD: they will know you better than we do, and will probably have some ideas for you in terms of projects, professional development, leadership and so on within the department. They'll also have an idea of what is possible.

laurarobbo91 likes this.
  3. JJ83

JJ83 Occasional commenter

Think back to your interview - what did you tell them you may want to implement?