1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying in Moray

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by kelly10, Feb 3, 2016.

1. kelly10

kelly10 New commenter

I'm looking to apply for Guidance/SLT jobs in Moray. What documents/policies would you suggest I read, which have come out over the year I have been seconded? I feel I've lost touch. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

2. subman68

subman68 Occasional commenter

Kelly there is no need to do any reading. All you need is to be: female late 20's early 30's (at the oldest), blonde would be an advantage, happy to giggle when the 50+ SMT HT/DHT makes a shocking joke. Try not to do any original thinking, just follow the plan the DHT is spinning.

It does not matter if you have any experience of dealing with issues like, drugs, alcohol abuse, bereavement, poor parenting, low ambition. Just giggle and look good. oh and if you are not the sitting (acting) candidate forget it.

Opps think I might have just restarted an old thread, that is what you get for being an old decrepit male.

on the other hand forget what I wrote. Loads of stuff online, I would look at some of the documents produced by Aberdeen uni, They do the post grad in pastoral care and there stuff is up to date and worth a read. Also lots on Education Scotland. Good Luck