1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for Secondary English 2013

Discussion in 'English' started by BeccaEnglish, May 20, 2012.

1. Hello all.
    I am applying this September for the Secondary English to begin Sept 2013.
    Who else is thinking of this course?? Do you know where you want to go? Personal statement Ideas??
    Anyone who has already applied- rejected/offered a place- have you got any advice on any of the application process? Where are you going to be studying??
    At the moment, my ordered list of insitutions is:
    UEA
    Exeter
    UWE
    and don't know what my fourth would be- will cross that bridge when I get there!!
    Best wishes one and all
    Becca

2. Hi BeccaEnglish,

I'm glad you started this thread as I was going to do the same lol.
    I am in the process of getting my CRB done so that I can do work experience in a secondary school, and also a primary school (only because I want to know for certain that I want to work with older kids).

I know where I want to study, they are all in London though, but I was thinking of Exeter Uni despite the fact that it's 2.5hours away from home. I'd be happy to relocate, but never lived away from home ... maybe this is the time I should launch into the deep and move away, as I'm actually planning to move out for the London courses even though it is probably 45 mins from home.

The institutions I am thinking of are:
    Roehampton
    Goldsmiths
    IOE
    King's College London

and the last one is up for debate ...

Personal statement wise . . . No clue as yet, and I'm trying to ask friends of mine for pointers as they got onto their course! Have you had any luck with the first sentence?

Sam x

3. Hey Sammikins
    This sounds really exciting. I don't have that issue as I moved for uni already- but London sounds rereally great.
    My parents really want me to go to UWE/Exeter as they are moving that way in a few years, and I'd be likely to stay where I train
    Well, I was thinking of using a quote about education for my first sentence- something that allows me to launch in to why I want to be a teacher!!
    I'm just really nervous, because I've wanted to do this all my life, and if I get rejected, I don't know what I'd do!! :/
    It's just the personal statement- I really have no idea!! Becca x