1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for second teaching job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by chatch275, Oct 12, 2019.

1. chatch275

chatch275 New commenter

Hello

I am in the process of applying for my second teaching post. I am filling out the previous jobs section and I was wondering if you had to put teaching placements whilst at University in this section? I know when I was an NQT this was encouraged but not sure about when you are applying for your second job.

Thanks in advance

2. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

No, I wouldn’t say that was necessary. They were placements as part of your training, not jobs.

3. NJAEducation

NJAEducation New commenter

Yes definitely put them in. Make it clear they were placements but it outlines the breadth of your experience...

4. celago22

celago22 Occasional commenter

I didn't mention my placements under previous jobs. They know that you will have done teacher training. I referred to mine in my personal statement... "I have recently completed my NQT year in year x. Prior to this, I completed my pgce at X University and taught in years x, y, z"

DexterDexter likes this.
  5. Northhead

Northhead Occasional commenter

It would depend on how long ago your placements were. If you are in your first couple of years in your first job then it’s relevant but if you’re looking for your second post after 10 years in the job then it’s not.

Your placements show other year groups you’ve got experience of- particularly handy if you’re applying for a job different to the year group you’re in now. I always have a look at what year groups people have done before- either in a job or on a placement.