1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for schools in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by lorna-savory, Oct 11, 2020.

1. lossyb79

lossyb79 New commenter

Hello fellow teachers!

I am currently in my third year of teaching Primary Education, and am applying to some international schools in Malaysia (particularly in Kuala Lumpur) for the academic year 2021/22.

I was wondering if there's anyone who is currently there/teaching there? There are quite a few older thread about life in KL, but I was wanting a more up to date view with the current global situation. Mainly about packages involving medical insurance and how you have found the housing to be like.

Also, any application/interview tips would be greatly appreciated! I'm currently writing a supporting statement, how long would you recommend one should be? It's not something I had to do for schools in the UK, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Thank you in advance!

2. Loro123

Loro123 New commenter

I posted something similar as I hadn’t seen this!

Let me know if you find out any more info and good luck with your applications.