1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for Principal Teacher of Guidance/pastoral Care job (Scotland)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MrsJol, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Dear Theo,

I am in the Scottish system. I teach a subject called Modern Studies and have had one years Acting Prinicpal Teachein Experience in this. I am completing a Post Graduate distance learning course in Pastoral Care and Pupil Support but have had no real experience as a 'Guidance Teacher'.
    am looking for adivce on applying forthis post e.g. what would a Head Teacher be looking for in an application and what kinds of questions would you be likley to be asked at an interview?

Kind Regards

Vicki

2. Dear Theo,

I am in the Scottish system. I teach a subject called Modern Studies and have had one years Acting Prinicpal Teachein Experience in this. I am completing a Post Graduate distance learning course in Pastoral Care and Pupil Support but have had no real experience as a 'Guidance Teacher'.
    am looking for adivce on applying forthis post e.g. what would a Head Teacher be looking for in an application and what kinds of questions would you be likley to be asked at an interview?

Kind Regards

Vicki

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am not based in Scotland so I am afraid that I am unsure what the post of Principal Teacher of Guidance is. I have never heard myself of this post in English schools, and although I could make a guess, it might not be correct!
    May I suggest that you post this under one of the Scottish Forums?
    You may get an answer there from someone who actually knows what s/he is talking about. I don't come into that category!
    Sorry I can't be more help. Best wishes

4. Hi Vicki, would you mind me asking how you went about your distance learning course in Pastoral Care?