1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for posts from abroad

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Miocene, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Miocene

Miocene New commenter

I was wondering is any expats have been successful in their job searches this year?

Do you have any tips in getting shortlisted for roles when applying from abroad?

2. shamandalie

shamandalie New commenter

I'm in the same boat, I'm not being successful at the moment, it's very frustrating...

3. Miocene

Miocene New commenter

Any luck? I have signed up to some recruitment agencies in hope they might be able to match me with a school.

4. shamandalie

Nothing so far... I've applied to a good dozen schools and only got one interview. We just have to keep applying until someone gives us a chance.

5. shamandalie

Well... One interview, one job in the bag, all I needed was someone to give me a chance!

6. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

I moved from abroad back home 3 years ago. Like you, I found it quite frustrating - a lot of employers are a bit spetical about references/police checks etc. However, I did manage to bag myself 3 interviews in one week - flew over and was successful with 2nd interview. Offer to fly over/Skype interview in your application letter - that often helps. Good luck!

agathamorse likes this.