1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Applying for pension

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by roseangel, Apr 7, 2011.

1. I am going to apply for an ARP this week. I am currently doing supply work through an agency so therefore not in pensionable employment at the moment. This seems to mean I can't apply online. Am I likely to encounter difficulties in being granted an ARP? And can I take it from mid August rather than the end of August as I won't be earning anything in the summer holidays so will need some money?

2. Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on. I am definitely eligible.

3. I've sent my application in today.........!

4. I've had an email to say it is being processed and will be paid on the day I elected. ( I chose 1st August as most people will go for 1st September but I won't be paid in the summer holidays so could do with the money then. And one month won't make much difference to what I will get.)

5. Yes very encouraging I also need to do it shortly as going to take it a few months before 60.

6. martinalford

martinalford New commenter

I submitted an ARP application online nearly a month ago but heard nothing. I rang TPA this morning and they were very helpful. They had sent an e-mail straight away to County Payroll asking for confirmation of salary & service but hadn't had a response. They advised me to nudge Payroll, which I did. Payroll had indeed received the e-mail but nobody had noticed, so no action taken! They are going to act on it pronto, needless to say.
    Moral of the story: if your application doesn't appear on the 'Track My Case' section of the TPS website within 4 weeks or so of you submitting it, ask some questions. It may save you heartache later.